Binary is beautiful
A digital recording is just a sequence of numbers. Easily quantifiable as ones and zeros, stored on physical media, combined together into larger numbers to form a continuous stream of data.
Surge - Digital and proud of it
Until you listen to it. Then it becomes real.
Surge is an instrument capable of generating truly beautiful sequences of numbers. Your ears will agree with us.
More than the sum of its parts
Architecturally speaking, Surge is a rather complex synthesizer. But because of how it's put together it's still easy to learn. Once you do, you will turn the sounds in your head to audio faster than ever.
The effortless workflow, attention to detail and the sound quality can't really be appreciated without trying it yourself. We suggest you try the demo!
Available now! (VST/AU - OS X/win32/win64)
“A new star is born”
Beat 07/2006 (Germany)
“Surge har precis det vi letar efter i en mjukvarusynt – den har bra ljud, är lättrattad, stabil och sa vi förresten att den låter bra?”
Studio 01/2006 (IDG, Sweden)
Computer Music CM96 2006 (UK)
- Synthesis method: Subtractive hybrid
- Each patch contain two 'scenes' which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used for layering or split patches.
- Quick category-based patch-browser
- Future proof, comes as both a 32 & 64-bit VST plugin (Windows PC)
- Universal Binary for both VST and AU (Mac)
- 1010 patches
- 183 wavetables
- 3 oscillators/voice
- 8 versatile oscillator algorithms: Classic, Sine, Wavetable, Window, FM2, FM3, S/H Noise and Audio-input
- The classic oscillator is a morphable pulse/saw/dualsaw oscillator with a sub-oscillator and self-sync.
- The FM2/FM3 oscillators consists of a 1 carrier with 2/3 modulators and various options.
- Most algorithms (except FM2, FM3, Sine and Audio-input) offer up to 16-voice unison at the oscillator level.
- Oscillator FM/ringmodulation
- Most oscillator algorithms (except FM2/FM3) are strictly band-limited yet still cover the entire audible spectrum, delivering a clear punchy yet clean sound.
- Noise generator with variable spectrum.
- Two filter-units with arrangeable in 8 different configurations
- Feedback loop (number of variations inside the parenthesis)
- Available filter-algorithms: LP12 (3), LP24 (3), LP24L (1-4 poles), HP12 (3), HP24 (3), BP (4), Notch (2), Comb (4), S&H
- Filters can self-oscillate (with excitation) and respond amazingly fast to cutoff frequency changes.
- Waveshaper (5 shapes)
- 12 LFO-units available to each voice (6 are running on each voice and 6 are shared for the scene)
- DAHDSR envelope generators on every LFO-unit
- 7 deformable LFO-waveforms + 1 drawable/stepsequencer waveform
- LFO1 allows envelope retriggering when used as stepsequencer
- Extremely fast and flexible modulation routing. Almost every continuous parameter can be modulated.
- 8 effect units arranged as 2 inserts/scene, 2 sends and 2 master effects
- 10 top-quality algorithms: Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, Distortion, Conditioner (EQ, stereo-image control & limiter), Rotary speaker, Frequency shifter, Vocoder
System Requirements (Windows PC)
- A computer running Windows 2000/2003/XP (32/64-bit) or newer
- The computer's CPU must support the SSE instruction set. This is supported on Intel Pentium 3/4/M, Core, Core2 and AMD Athlon XP/64/X2 (and newer) processors.
- 256 MB RAM
- A VST-compatible Host application
- An x64-compatible CPU, OS and Host is required to use the 64-bit version
System Requirements (Mac)
- Requires Mac OS X v.10.3.9 or later.
- Any Intel Mac or a PowerPC Mac with a 1GHz G4/G5 or faster CPU
- 256 MB RAM
- An AU or VST2.4-compatible Host application
"Brilliant sound from extreme tweakable oscillators, great filters and a deep and easy to use modulation system. The only subtractive synthesizer I need!"
"During past 10 years i worked with a lot of software and hardware synthesizers. But this one beats them all by far. I'm totally addicted to this ultra-flexible masterpiece. Thanks!"
"Surge is a beautiful satanic synth. It sounds amazing!"